Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Eduardo Godoy Vega <eg...@tekchile.cl> on 2001/11/13 21:14:40 UTC

What to use?

Hi,
	I'm a little confuse about what "element" use/define/develop for ...

I need to create an specification for an external server, something like
<external>
	<parameter name="name" value="k1"/>
	<parameter name="host" value="10.10.10.1"/>
	<parameter name="call-method" value="RMI"/>
</external>

and this values I need to read them from an Action...

I was trying to put the <external> definition into cocoon.xconf
but ... do I need to create a component? (how can i do it?, I wrote a class,
extends Component, but when I startup cocoon I get a messages at log file,
something about ROLE... and I cound't read the parameters in my Action)...

Any Idea?
I don't want to put my parameter at sitemap.conf file ... 'cause they are
"global", for many subsites under cocoon ...

Thanks!
Eduardo.