Posted to user@juddi.apache.org by Alex O'Ree <sp...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/06 15:25:44 UTC

Logo Contest!

Here's your chance to express your artistic creativity!

We're looking for a new logo for the Apache jUDDI project!

*Rules: *
Anyone can submit as much logos as they want. Any submissions are implied
to become a contribution to the Apache Software Foundation and therefore
covered under the ASF 2.0 license (http://www.apache.org/licenses/). This
means that you're granting ASF copyrights to the logo submissions. If you
don't understand legalese, there's a pretty reasonable explanation here:
http://www.apache.org/foundation/license-faq.html#WhatDoesItMEAN and here:
http://www.apache.org/licenses/icla.txt. If you're already involved and
have an ICLA on file, then you're good to go.

*Judging: *
The judging for the logo contest will be done by the jUDDI development team
via mailing list Voting, or possibly on IRC if we can get everyone on at
the same time.

*What can you win?*
Your name will be immortalized as the logo creator! (until the team gets
bored with it and picks a new one)
You can brag on your resume!
You can brag to your friends!
The chosen logo will on all jUDDI websites, the product and documentation.

*Deadlines: *
Please submit logos no later than Feb 28, 2014 Midnight 00:00 UTC

*Things to keep in mind:*
jUDDI is an implementation of UDDI, which is basically a phone book for
business that provide services (web services!). Our current logo has some
"gears" which more or less translates to a "service", but the tie back to a
registry just isn't there. The "J" in "jUDDI" should be lower case, the
rest is upper case.

*Technical Bits:*
Please submit logo's via email to me. alexoree@apache.org
Please use graphics formats that can scale well, such as svg. If it's not
possible, please provide a rendering of the image that's at least 800x600px.
All submitted images must be exportable to web browser viewable format,
such as png, jpg, etc. If it can't be exported, then you can't win.
Please use a transparent background if appropriate. Our website uses a grey
background, but other areas use white or black backgrounds so keep that in
mind. If we can't use it, you can't win.
Please don't send anything larger to 10 MB.

*For reference:*
Here's the logo on the main web site: This will give you an idea of the
approximate target dimensions.
http://juddi.apache.org/img/logo.png

Here's the logo used on the top navigation bar of the web site
http://juddi.apache.org/img/logo2.png

Here's where to get the Apache logos, should they be needed.
http://www.apache.org/foundation/press/kit/

Here's the sources for the current and past logos (some use the Gimp XCF
format)
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/juddi/trunk/misc/

(p.s. the v3.2 release announcement is imminent)

Re: Logo Contest!

Posted by Alex O'Ree <al...@apache.org>.
Reminder! Today's the last day for logo submissions!

Re: Logo Contest!

Posted by Alex O'Ree <sp...@gmail.com>.
Thanks!