Posted to dev@trafficserver.apache.org by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org> on 2016/08/19 16:31:38 UTC

Ubuntu12 for ATS v7.0.0

Hi all,

since we are now requiring C++11 support from the compilers, we no longer build on Ubuntu12. Unless someone has some alternatives similar to devtoolset-3 for CentOS, we would have to drop support for this platform.

Any volunteers?

— Leif

Re: Ubuntu12 for ATS v7.0.0

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.
> On Aug 19, 2016, at 1:14 PM, Schmerge, John (Contractor) <Jo...@comcast.com> wrote:
>
> Leif,
>

> I believe Ubuntu makes backports of newer compilers available for all releases. Last I tried, it was just a matter of adding a PPA to the package mgmt. infrastructure.
>
> I'll say that on Ubuntu as well the task of compiling a newer GCC is much less daunting than with RH/CentOS.

That’d be fine, if you can give details exactly how / what to do, that would be great. Ideally add that to the Wiki page too for Ubuntu builds.

Cheers,

— Leif

Re: Ubuntu12 for ATS v7.0.0

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.