Posted to users@solr.apache.org by Rajath Banagi Ravindra <Ra...@mindtree.com.INVALID> on 2022/04/05 13:19:09 UTC

Solr - Spring cloud – CVE-2022-22963

Hi,

We are using Solr 7.5 version and Solr 6.4 version in our applications. Wanted to check if there is any impact due to vulnerability - CVE-2022-22963. I did googling and didn’t find any clear answers regarding same. Are Solr instances vulnerable and any action needed from our end, please let me know.

Regards
Rajath

________________________________

Re: Solr - Spring cloud – CVE-2022-22963

Posted by Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org>.
On 4/15/22 00:41, Rajath Banagi Ravindra wrote:
> We are using Solr 7.5 version and Solr 6.4 version in our applications. Wanted to check if there is any impact due to vulnerability - CVE-2022-22963. I did googling and didn’t find any clear answers regarding same. Are Solr instances vulnerable and any action needed from our end, please let me know.

Solr does not use any Spring libraries.  That is why it is not mentioned
on the Security page.

Some Spring libraries are used for TESTS on the s3 backup repository.
This is why the license information for Solr talks about Spring
libraries.  None of the test code is present in a binary download of Solr.

You do not need to worry about that CVE unless you're doing something
very nonstandard that involves Spring libraries that you have added to Solr.

Thanks,
Shawn

RE: Solr - Spring cloud – CVE-2022-22963

Posted by Rajath Banagi Ravindra <Ra...@mindtree.com.INVALID>.
Hi All,

Any update regarding the below request,

Thanks in Advance,

Regards
Rajath

Posted by Mike Drob <md...@mdrob.com>.
Rajath,

All of our known and disclosed security vulnerabilities are posted to
https://solr.apache.org/security.html

If something is not listed there than it is either not known, not
disclosed, or not a problem. If you believe you have discovered a new
vulnerability please follow the reporting guidelines outlined on that site.

Thank you,

Mike