Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Ashish Parikh <As...@CompuCredit.com> on 2007/09/18 18:19:12 UTC

Lucene equivalent of grep -A -B command

Is there a way we can get contents of the file surrounding to the term (head
10 lines and tail 10 lines) we are searching through a lucene indexed file?

Re: Lucene equivalent of grep -A -B command

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: Is there a way we can get contents of the file surrounding to the term (head
: 10 lines and tail 10 lines) we are searching through a lucene indexed file?

FAQ:

Is there a way to get a text summary of an indexed document with
Lucene (a.k.a. a "snippet" or "fragment") to display along with the search
result?

http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/LuceneFAQ#head-75566820ee94a425c7e2950ac61d24e405fbd914

-Hoss