Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Marnie McCormack <ma...@googlemail.com> on 2009/11/24 16:23:12 UTC

Building Project Consensus

No, you're in luck - this is so not about maven vs ant or cmake etc :-)

For some time now discussions on potential committers on private@q.a.o have
exposed a range of views on what it takes to move from contributer to
committer. These discussions can be quite heated, and we do not seem to have
(as a project) resolved the various disjoins.

I'd like to suggest that there be a constructive discussion about how we
manage contributers to committership.

So, can those people who have strong views on the subject possibly propose
some positive things we can do to get from where-we-are to
where-we-want-to-be - maybe an IRC chat or similar might flush things out
and get us back on track. Anyone feel willing/able to chair the discussion
in a non-inflammatory style ?

This should probably be about having a clear set of guidelines we can
all agree to use - and also about making sure that we communicate better
with contributers.

Lets work together to resolve the underlying disagreements and help get
people karma, and make it simpler to understand what that takes.

Marnie