Posted to dev@myriad.apache.org by yuliya Feldman <yu...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2015/04/28 03:22:11 UTC

Mesos frameworks and roles

Hello here,
This question is really for Mesos guys :).
"roles" and frameworks in Mesos. As far as I understand today each Mesos framework can be associated with a role and subsequently mesos-slave can allocate shares of resources per role.
Is it still the case? Meaning we still have no more then one role associated with a framework.
Thanks

Re: Mesos frameworks and roles

Posted by yuliya Feldman <yu...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Thank you Ken and Adam,
When you are saying N instances of the same framework with different roles it would be N frameworks in Mesos terms - meaning they would compete for resources.
I am trying to see what is the boundary between running multiple applications under same framework (like single Marathon) and under different ones.
Posted by Adam Bordelon <ad...@mesosphere.io>.

Posted by Ken Sipe <ke...@mesosphere.io>.