Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Tim Mackey <tm...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/15 21:54:06 UTC

Missing guest default gateway

I feel this is something I should just know, but it's escaping me.  For
some reason the virtual router for a guest network I've defined isn't
setting the default gateway via DHCP.  This is CloudStack 4.4 with
XenServer 6.2 and it's an isolated network.

This is what ip route shows after restart:
[root@piwigo122 ~]# ip route
192.168.1.0/24 dev eth0  proto kernel  scope link  src 192.168.1.131
169.254.0.0/16 dev eth0  scope link  metric 1002

If I add the default route in via "ip route add default via 192.168.1.1"
everything now works as expected.

The network was created using the
"DefaultIsolatedNetworkOfferingWithSourceNatService".

I do have egress rules in place, so it's only the lack of default route
which is causing me a problem.

-tim

Re: Missing guest default gateway

Posted by Tim Mackey <tm...@gmail.com>.
In case anyone runs into such a scenario in the future, here's what this
turned out to be.  In /etc/sysconfig/network the GATEWAY from the source VM
was still present.  Removing that allowed DHCP to set the default route
properly.

-tim

Posted by Tim Mackey <tm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Erik Weber <te...@gmail.com>.