Posted to dev@airavata.apache.org by Gagan Juneja <ga...@gmail.com> on 2014/06/08 19:04:49 UTC

PHP-Reference-Gateway | Queries

Hi Team,
I was just exploring how are we creating clients in reference gateway
project. I have couple of observations which I would like to share and know
your inputs on that. I am not much familiar with PHP may be these
observations doesn't make sense in that context,
1. I found that in utilities.php where client connection is being created.
We don't have any exception handling code.
2. I did not find any where closing socket to server once operation is done
and on every operation we are creating new socket. Though I found at some
places code to close socket is commented. I samples project its there but
that too without exception handling.
3. Shouldn't we create any client pool sort of thing to limit the number of
sockets?

Regards,
Gagan

RE: PHP-Reference-Gateway | Queries

Posted by "Reagan, David Michael" <dm...@iu.edu>.
These are valid points. I’ll create and handle JIRA issues for 1 and 2. I’ll defer to someone else about 3.

Dave