Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by David Anderson <da...@natulte.net> on 2006/10/27 23:07:01 UTC

Subversion 1.4.1 tarballs up for testing/signing

There we go. 1.4.1 tarballs, fresh out of rolling! The magic revision is r22144.

http://lolut.utbm.info/svn-release/1.4.1/

As usual, these packages are NOT yet blessed, and every time a distro
packages them before they are officially announced as released, god
kills a kitten. Signatures from full committers back to me with
coverage info (which platforms, backends, ra methods, which version of
BDB used if applicable...)

Also, did you hear that the population of elephants in africa is three
times higher than it ever has been? I read that somewhere...

- Dave

Re: Subversion 1.4.1 tarballs up for testing/signing

Posted by "D.J. Heap" <dj...@gmail.com>.
On 10/27/06, David Anderson <da...@natulte.net> wrote:
> There we go. 1.4.1 tarballs, fresh out of rolling! The magic revision is r22144.
>
> http://lolut.utbm.info/svn-release/1.4.1/
>
> As usual, these packages are NOT yet blessed, and every time a distro
> packages them before they are officially announced as released, god
> kills a kitten. Signatures from full committers back to me with
> coverage info (which platforms, backends, ra methods, which version of
> BDB used if applicable...)
>
> Also, did you hear that the population of elephants in africa is three
> times higher than it ever has been? I read that somewhere...
>
> - Dave

I built and tested the .zip file on Windows XP with VC2005 Express,
Apache 2.0.58, neon 0.26.1, BDB 4.4.20, zlib 1.2.3, and OpenSSL
0.9.8b.

All 6 test combos passed.  I also built the perl, python, and javahl
bindings but did not test them.  I did not use or test the
dependencies file.

subversion-1.4.1.zip.asc:

My key info:
pub   1024D/F6254D87 2005-12-22 [expires: 2015-12-20]
    Key fingerprint = 5F17 7F74 C736 CE57 FD2D  4B84 127F 923C F625 4D87
uid                  D.J. Heap <dj...@gmail.com>
sub   2048g/6DCDEC0B 2005-12-22 [expires: 2015-12-20]

DJ

Re: Subversion 1.4.1 tarballs up for testing/signing

Posted by Michael Sinz <Mi...@sinz.org>.
On 10/27/06, David Anderson <da...@natulte.net> wrote:

> There we go. 1.4.1 tarballs, fresh out of rolling! The magic revision is
> r22144.
>
> http://lolut.utbm.info/svn-release/1.4.1/

(non-voting)

Built and tested on SuSE 10 x86_64 and SLES 9-SP2 x86_64 using the packaged
deps.

{FSFS} x {local, svn, http}

I did not get a chance to try 32-bit x86 yet.

Also, not heavily tested any bindings other than some minor python scripts.
(All of my perl code uses the svn command directly)

--
Michael Sinz               Technology and Engineering Director/Consultant
"Starting Startups"                          mailto:Michael.Sinz@sinz.org

Re: Subversion 1.4.1 tarballs up for testing/signing

Posted by David Glasser <gl...@mit.edu>.
On 10/27/06, David Anderson <da...@natulte.net> wrote:
> There we go. 1.4.1 tarballs, fresh out of rolling! The magic revision is r22144.
>
> http://lolut.utbm.info/svn-release/1.4.1/

* confirmed md5sums
* confirmed shasums
* confirmed sigs
* confirmed bz = gz for main, deps, zip
* deps look vaguely reasonable
* tarball looks close enough to the branch, and zip looks like tarball
* tested (fs|bdb)+(local|svn|dav)
* tested pl, py, rb, javahl

Platform:
* Intel Mac OS X 10.4.8
* MacPorts
* APR/APU 1.2.7
* Neon 0.25.5
* BDB 4.3
* perl 5.8.8
* python 2.4.3
* ruby 1.8.5

subversion-1.4.1.tar.bz2.asc

subversion-1.4.1.tar.gz.asc

--
David Glasser | glasser@mit.edu | http://www.davidglasser.net/

Re: Subversion 1.4.1 tarballs up for testing/signing

Posted by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net>.
On 10/27/06, David Anderson <da...@natulte.net> wrote:
> There we go. 1.4.1 tarballs, fresh out of rolling! The magic revision is r22144.
>
> http://lolut.utbm.info/svn-release/1.4.1/
>
> As usual, these packages are NOT yet blessed, and every time a distro
> packages them before they are officially announced as released, god
> kills a kitten. Signatures from full committers back to me with
> coverage info (which platforms, backends, ra methods, which version of
> BDB used if applicable...)
>
> Also, did you hear that the population of elephants in africa is three
> times higher than it ever has been? I read that somewhere...

Tested over ra_dav/ra_local/ra_svn with both fs back ends (bdb 4.4)
and perl/python/ruby bindings on FreeBSD 6.0, all tests pass.

subversion-1.4.1.tar.gz.asc

subversion-deps-1.4.1.tar.gz.asc

subversion-1.4.1.tar.bz2.asc

subversion-deps-1.4.1.tar.bz2.asc

-garrett

Re: Subversion 1.4.1 tarballs up for testing/signing

Posted by Malcolm Rowe <ma...@farside.org.uk>.
On Fri, Oct 27, 2006 at 04:07:01PM -0700, David Anderson wrote:
> There we go. 1.4.1 tarballs, fresh out of rolling! The magic revision is
> r22144.

I have:
* Verified the sums and signatures on the tarballs.
* Verified the contents of the tarballs against each other, the
  zipfiles, and the branch contents.
* Verified the deps tarball matched the 1.4.0 deps tarball apart from
  the directory name.
* Run make check for {ra_local,ra_svn,ra_dav} x {fsfs,bdb43} on OS X
  10.4.8 using the bundled Neon and APR/APR-util 0.9.12 installed as
  part of http 2.0.58 [1].

I also did some other random checks:
* Tested ra_local x {fsfs,bdb44} on Slackware 11.
* Compiled with mempool debugging and ran 'svn' through valgrind a bit.
* Checked that --disable-shared produced working binaries on OS X.

I didn't test the bindings.

[1] I hit a problem when I tried to install an in-tree APR 0.9.12 after
having already installed it as part of httpd: I ended up with a circular
symlink for libapr-0.0.dylib.

[2] I noticed that an --enable-dso build currently fails to compile on
OS X with an in-tree APR, but this appears to be an APR problem rather
than a Subversion one (given that the failure is inside apr/), and in
any case also occurred with the 1.4.0 packages.

subversion-1.4.1.tar.bz2:

subversion-1.4.1.tar.gz:

subversion-deps-1.4.1.tar.bz2:

subversion-deps-1.4.1.tar.gz:

Regards,
Malcolm

Re: Subversion 1.4.1 tarballs up for testing/signing

Posted by Justin Erenkrantz <ju...@erenkrantz.com>.
On 10/30/06, David Anderson <da...@natulte.net> wrote:
> clkao has just found a perl problem in this release tarball that
> breaks replay support. I'm pulling this tarball. We need to merge
> r20666 and reroll. Once I've rerolled, should the tarball be 1.4.2 or
> still 1.4.1 (we're still a sig short on this set).

I'd prefer it be 1.4.2.  (We just skip 1.4.1 being announced
publicly.)  -- justin

Re: Subversion 1.4.1 tarballs up for testing/signing

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@collab.net>.
As suggested by Blair, I'd really like to see r22140 get in there as
well.

Posted by David Anderson <da...@natulte.net>.

Posted by Lieven Govaerts <sv...@mobsol.be>.
David Anderson wrote:
> There we go. 1.4.1 tarballs, fresh out of rolling! The magic revision
> is r22144.
>
> http://lolut.utbm.info/svn-release/1.4.1/
>
> As usual, these packages are NOT yet blessed, and every time a distro
> packages them before they are officially announced as released, god
> kills a kitten. Signatures from full committers back to me with
> coverage info (which platforms, backends, ra methods, which version of
> BDB used if applicable...)
Tested: (fsfs + bdb) x (ra_local + ra_svn + ra_dav)
Not tested: bindings

Build environment:
- Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition
- Apache 2.0.59
- apr/apr-util/apr-inconv as included in apache 2.0.59 package (=0.9.12)
- bdb 4.4.20
- Neon 0.25.5 (from the deps package)
- zlib 1.2.3 (from the deps package)

This setup was working correctly, all tests passed. As a partial
committer I can give a +0 (non-binding) vote.

subversion-1.4.1.zip.asc

subversion-deps-1.4.1.zip.asc

Lieven.

Re: Subversion 1.4.1 tarballs up for testing/signing

Posted by Jani Averbach <ja...@jaa.iki.fi>.
On 2006-10-27 16:07-0700, David Anderson wrote:
> There we go. 1.4.1 tarballs, fresh out of rolling! The magic revision is
> r22144.

I have tested following:

- Version strings are correct
- {FSFS, BDB} x {local, svn, http}
- binginds, built&tested: javahl, perl, python, ruby

with:

- Linux amd64
- gcc 4.1.1
- apr 0.9.12
- apr-util 0.9.12
- httpd 2.0.59
- neon 0.25.3
- Berkeley DB 4.4.20
- ruby 1.8.5
- Python 2.4.3
- perl, v5.8.8
- Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build Blackdown-1.4.2-03, mixed mode)

BR, Jani

--
Jani Averbach

Re: Subversion 1.4.1 tarballs up for testing/signing

Posted by Paul Burba <pa...@softlanding.com>.
"David Anderson" <da...@natulte.net> wrote on 10/27/2006 07:07:01 PM:

> There we go. 1.4.1 tarballs, fresh out of rolling! The magic
> revision is r22144.
>
> http://lolut.utbm.info/svn-release/1.4.1/
>
> As usual, these packages are NOT yet blessed, and every time a distro
> packages them before they are officially announced as released, god
> kills a kitten. Signatures from full committers back to me with
> coverage info (which platforms, backends, ra methods, which version of
> BDB used if applicable...)
>
> Also, did you hear that the population of elephants in africa is three
> times higher than it ever has been? I read that somewhere...
>
> - Dave

VERIFIED:
-------
Signatures on subversion-1.4.1.zip and subversion-deps-1.4.1.zip.
Excepting svn_version.h, contents of subversion-1.4.1.zip match
https://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/branches/1.4.x@22144

PLATFORM:
---------
Windows XP Pro Version 2002 SP2
Intel P4
MS Visual C++ 6.0

DEPENDENCIES:
-------------
apr, apr-iconv, apr-util, neon, zlib: From subversion-deps-1.4.1.zip.
OpenSSL: 0.9.8b
Apache: 2.0.58
BDB:
http://subversion.tigris.org/files/documents/15/32472/db-4.4.20-win32.zip

TESTED:
-------
[ fsfs | bdb ] x [ file | svn | http (neon) ]
[ JavaHL ]

RESULTS:
--------
All tests pass.

SIGNATURES:
User: Paul T. Burba (pburba) <pa...@softlanding.com>
1024-bit DSA key, ID 53FCDC55, created 2006/06/21

subversion-1.4.1.zip:

subversion-deps-1.4.1.zip:

Paul B.