Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by ji...@jidanni.org on 2008/12/26 23:19:31 UTC

'sought' rules take three times longer to run

OK, I have just finished
$ sa-update -D --no-gpg --channel sought.rules.yerp.org
And would just like to warn other users that 'sought' rules take three
times longer:
$ time spamassassin --local -t < a_typical_spam_message > /dev/null
real	0m14.081s
user	0m13.489s
sys	0m0.588s

Up from
real	0m4.954s
user	0m4.836s
sys	0m0.112s

> you can sa-compile them, perhaps

Well, just figuring out sa-update -D --no-gpg --channel sought.rules.yerp.org
was hard enough.

Re: 'sought' rules take three times longer to run

Posted by ji...@jidanni.org.
But that would be a http://wiki.dreamhost.com/Persistent_Processes

Re: 'sought' rules take three times longer to run

Posted by Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk>.
On 27.12.08 08:51, jidanni@jidanni.org wrote:
> I took a look at Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Shortcircuit, but what I
> really want to do is "if it is ham, run it through the expensive
> 'sought' extra tests, to see if it really is ham."
>
> I.e., if the end result is below required_score, continue on into the
> "sought" tests.
>
> Probably the only way to do that is via .procmailrc
>
> :0fw
> |spamassassin --cf 'Do not run sought-rules'

maybe using spamd and spamc is hat you want...

Re: 'sought' rules take three times longer to run

Posted by ji...@jidanni.org.
I took a look at Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Shortcircuit, but what I
really want to do is "if it is ham, run it through the expensive
'sought' extra tests, to see if it really is ham."

I.e., if the end result is below required_score, continue on into the
"sought" tests.

Probably the only way to do that is via .procmailrc

:0fw
|spamassassin --cf 'Do not run sought-rules'
:0

The only problem (besides 'house of cards') is that there is no way to
do --cf 'Do not run sought-rules' on the first spamassassin run. One
must instead tamper with the files sa-update --channel
sought.rules.yerp.org gets, removing sought_rules_yerp_org.cf and
putting its contents into a --cf string on the second spamassassin
run, thus complicating future sa-update runs.