Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> on 2012/06/11 18:12:00 UTC

Documentation generation

So what are the details on the required switch away from Confluence?

I see notes here:

http://www.apache.org/dev/cms.html

Nothing about a tool to convert Confluence Wiki markup to Markdown.

I still think Jekyll http://jekyllrb.com/  is a good candidate for the docs.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry

(971) 678-5210
http://howardlewisship.com

Re: Documentation generation

Posted by Ulrich Stärk <ul...@spielviel.de>.
On 11.06.2012 18:12, Howard Lewis Ship wrote:
> So what are the details on the required switch away from Confluence?
We don't need to switch away from Confluence. Just from the autoexport plugin. Instead we are
supposed to use svnpubsub.

> I see notes here:
>
> http://www.apache.org/dev/cms.html
>
> Nothing about a tool to convert Confluence Wiki markup to Markdown.
https://svn.apache.org/repos/infra/websites/cms/conversion-utilities/cwiki/

Also see http://www.dankulp.com/blog/2012/03/svnpubsub-for-confluence-sites/ where Dan hacked
something together that periodically pulls the contents from Confluence and publishes them using
svnpubsub. That is something we could easily implement as well without the need to convert the
documentation to a new format.

> I still think Jekyll http://jekyllrb.com/  is a good candidate for the docs.
No need for it IMO.

Uli

Re: Documentation generation

Posted by Bob Harner <bo...@gmail.com>.
For my part, I'm glad that using Confluence for content editing is an
option for the short term. Anything else will be a lot more conversion
work.

Posted by Ulrich Stärk <ul...@spielviel.de>.

Posted by Igor Drobiazko <ig...@gmail.com>.
I would prefer a JavaScript based template engine, such as
http://handlebarsjs.com/

On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 6:12 PM, Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> So what are the details on the required switch away from Confluence?
>
> I see notes here:
>
> http://www.apache.org/dev/cms.html
>
> Nothing about a tool to convert Confluence Wiki markup to Markdown.
>
> I still think Jekyll http://jekyllrb.com/  is a good candidate for the
> docs.
>
> --
> Howard M. Lewis Ship