Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Tung Wai Yip <tu...@yahoo.com> on 2003/12/31 19:28:22 UTC

bug report and how to shutdown James from Windows?

I'm testing James on Windows 2000. I start phoenix using bin\run.bat.
I run into problem in the following line in run.bat

  set PHOENIX_HOME=%PHOENIX_HOME:\bin\=%

It tried to remove the trailing \bin\ from PHOENIX_HOME. But I put
James in a directory that contains \bin\ in the path. This got removed
as well. Alternative the following line worked for me to remove the
trailing \bin\ correctly.

  set PHOENIX_HOME=%PHOENIX_HOME:~0,-5%

Secondly, phoenix.sh support this CLI:

  Usage: $0 {start|stop|run|restart|check}

What is the equivalent for Windows? run.bat does seem to take
argument. How do I shutdown James?

Wai Yip Tung

RE: bug report and how to shutdown James from Windows?

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
run.bat should be fixed in CVS.  Grab a copy.  :-)

Your best bet, though, is probably to use the java wrapper.  The latest code
can always be downloaded from http://wrapper.tanukisoftware.org/.

	--- Noel