Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com> on 2014/12/13 16:31:43 UTC

[BlazeDS] First Apache Flex BlazeDS Release: (was Re: AW: BlazeDS not compiling for clean copy of SDK source)

On 12/13/14, 4:31 AM, "Christofer Dutz" <ch...@c-ware.de> wrote:

>So if you guys haven't got any objections, I would try starting the
>release process.
>But I would initiate the Maven release and not use the Ant stuff.

No objections from me, and I don’t think it matters to me whether you use
Maven or Ant, but I’m wondering:

1) Are there enough BlazeDS customers who will need the Ant stuff to work
for some reason.
2) Whether the BlazeDS customers will want a non-Maven way of getting all
of the jars, like in one zip.
3) Whether the BlazeDS customers will expect a WAR and/or other old
Adobe-style packaging with Tomcat and various example apps.

I changed the subject on this thread in hopes of getting feedback from
folks.  I can try to help with the Ant stuff if folks really want it.

-Alex

AW: [BlazeDS] First Apache Flex BlazeDS Release: (was Re: AW: BlazeDS not compiling for clean copy of SDK source)

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Hi Nick,

actually it doesn't matter if we use Ant or Maven to build it, in both cases a source distribution and the binaries will be released. As someone intending on using BlazeDS you wouldn't know the difference (Ok ... when looking into the jar files you will have one pom.xml in the META-INF directory, but that's about all that would be different.

Chris

Maybe we offer it via a Mavel release for those that want to build from source, and offer a binary download.  That should take care of both major use cases, I think.

-Nick

Re: [BlazeDS] First Apache Flex BlazeDS Release: (was Re: AW: BlazeDS not compiling for clean copy of SDK source)

Posted by Nicholas Kwiatkowski <ni...@spoon.as>.

Posted by Andrew Wetmore <co...@gmail.com>.
Shouldn't we make it as easy as possible for folks get BlazeDS, if we want
them to use it? If so, then it would sure help to have everything in one
zip, along with examples.

--
Andrew Wetmore

http://cottage14.blogspot.com/