Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by "Vincent,Wei" <we...@gmail.com> on 2014/11/18 06:55:27 UTC

About HDFS-RAID

All

I have found the HDFS-RAID on JIRA, but I can't find any patch on JIRA
attachment.

is there anybody know how to add this patch to Hadoop 2.2.0 release version
?

Or can the patch be used on this version? or I need found another one ?

Thanks

--
BR,

Vincent.Wei

Re: About HDFS-RAID

Posted by "Vincent,Wei" <we...@gmail.com>.
Thank Liu
Maybe I need to focus on the topic of HDFS-7285 and topic of HDFS-503
transfer to V2.2.0 at the same time.

--
BR,

Vincent.Wei

Re: About HDFS-RAID

Posted by "Vincent,Wei" <we...@gmail.com>.
Thank Liu

--
BR,

Vincent.Wei

Re: About HDFS-RAID

Posted by "Vincent,Wei" <we...@gmail.com>.
Thank Liu

--
BR,

Vincent.Wei

Re: About HDFS-RAID

Posted by "Vincent,Wei" <we...@gmail.com>.
Thank Liu

--
BR,

Vincent.Wei

RE: About HDFS-RAID

Posted by "Liu, Yi A" <yi...@intel.com>.
We just start doing the work, so it’s not available even in trunk.

Regards,
Yi Liu

But I found that the HDFS-7285 still open, so it means that there are no patch for the Hadoop 2.2.0 use by now, i am right ?

HDFS-RAID is not maintained anymore and has been removed from Hadoop. Now we are re-design Erasure coding in HDFS, refer to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-7285

Regards,
Yi Liu

RE: About HDFS-RAID