Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Billy Pearson <sa...@pearsonwholesale.com> on 2008/09/16 02:57:05 UTC

HCD & HDT Docs

I did not see anywhere in the docs or api doc where we are keeping up with
the new HCD's and HDT's Variables that can be set!
Example we now have the option to set a HCD for Major Compaction time per
column family but can not find docs on this so if I do not know about it how
would I learn about it?

Not sure if this should be in the api docs some how or make a wiki page for
it would be easier?

Re: HCD & HDT Docs

Posted by stack <st...@duboce.net>.
Billy Pearson wrote:
> Just thought it would be a good idea to get a handle on it now before
> we have to go looking for all the different options down the road.

Agreed.

For starters we might make sure we always define constants for new keys
in HCD and HDT with javadoc.

St.Ack

Re: HCD & HDT Docs

Posted by Billy Pearson <sa...@pearsonwholesale.com>.
Just thought it would be a good idea to get a handle on it now before we
have to go looking for all the different options down the road.

Billy

Re: HCD & HDT Docs

Posted by Jean-Daniel Cryans <jd...@apache.org>.
Well I blogged about it