Posted to dev@pig.apache.org by Olga Natkovich <ol...@yahoo-inc.com> on 2010/07/23 22:38:03 UTC

Pig 0.8.0 branch plan

Pig Developers,

I would like to propose that we branch for Pig 0.8.0 at the end of
August and plan for the release by the end of October. Please, let me
know if you see problem with either of the dates.

If you are planning to contribute any patches to Pig 0.8.0, please, make
sure that you have a JIRA open and linked to 0.8.0 release and also that
you will be able to get the code in before the branch is created. If you
have a JIRA assigned to you that is linked to Pig 0.8.0 and you don't
think you can get it in before the branch, please, unlink it from the
release.

Thanks,

Olga