Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Quintin Beukes <qu...@last.za.net> on 2009/10/16 15:40:04 UTC

JavaDoc

Hey,

The OpenEJB javadoc is quite sparse. I've especially noticed it when
reading through the code to learn how something works.

Is this intended, or has there just not been time for it? I'd be
willing to fill in class/method descriptions as I learn about it? I'll
then periodically submit patches to update them to ensure the patch
counts stay low?

Quintin Beukes

Re: JavaDoc

Posted by Quintin Beukes <qu...@skywalk.co.za>.
I totally agree with "the code should speak for itself". I follow the
same principals. But when looking at something it's at class level, or
when seeing a method sometimes it's not clear exactly what it's
purpose is. So basic class/method descriptions are very useful. And an
API doc as well. Especially if the code grows very large it becomes
almost impossible for everyone to know about everything and JavaDoc
can save a lot of time/detours.

Quintin Beukes

Re: JavaDoc

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>.