Posted to user@accumulo.apache.org by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com> on 2012/02/09 23:55:15 UTC

Debugging an aggregator

I've been running my first few trivial programs by just running them
in Eclipse. (They are just writing.) It seems to me that I'll never
get away with this once I create an aggregator. What's the drill?

Re: Debugging an aggregator

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 6:56 PM, Keith Turner <ke...@deenlo.com> wrote:
> You can use Mock Accumulo to test iterators and aggregators in unit test.
>
> Look at  org.apache.accumulo.core.client.mock.MockConnectorTest.testAggregation()
> in src/core/src/test/java/ for an example.
>
> Mock Accumulo was first introduced in 1.3.  Its a little rough around
> the edges in 1.3, its more mature in 1.4.  I think it will meet your
> needs, but let us know if you run into issues.
>
> If you are writing code that runs against a live instance, you can use
> connector.tableOperations() to setup and configure Aggregators.

Eventually I'll need that, I think. Off to read.

Re: Debugging an aggregator

Posted by Billie J Rinaldi <bi...@ugov.gov>.
Drop your jar in lib/ext in the accumulo directory on all the servers.

Billie

Re: Debugging an aggregator

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 6:56 PM, Keith Turner <ke...@deenlo.com> wrote:
> You can use Mock Accumulo to test iterators and aggregators in unit test.
>
> Look at  org.apache.accumulo.core.client.mock.MockConnectorTest.testAggregation()
> in src/core/src/test/java/ for an example.
>
> Mock Accumulo was first introduced in 1.3.  Its a little rough around
> the edges in 1.3, its more mature in 1.4.  I think it will meet your
> needs, but let us know if you run into issues.
>
> If you are writing code that runs against a live instance, you can use
> connector.tableOperations() to setup and configure Aggregators.
>
> On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 5:55 PM, Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I've been running my first few trivial programs by just running them
>> in Eclipse. (They are just writing.) It seems to me that I'll never
>> get away with this once I create an aggregator. What's the drill?

Once I have it debugged in mock, then what? Presumably it has to get
into the classpath of my accumulo processes. How's that organized?

Re: Debugging an aggregator

Posted by Keith Turner <ke...@deenlo.com>.