Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Chris Howe <cj...@yahoo.com> on 2007/01/18 14:36:35 UTC

Ofbiz & TrixBox (was Re: Ubuntu Live CD with Ofbiz)

I'm thinking the enhancement for the OFBiz side of
things is to simply add support so that upon clicking
a phone number link asterisk will call the user and
the intended contact much the same as Sugar does.
This should be rather straight forward, though I don't
know exactly how to accomplish this at the moment.

>From there you'd likely want to add a function in your
asterisk call plans to run a function that will send
call log information to OFBiz for processing.  Is
there anyone with much experience with Asterisk or
TrixBox?

--- Chandresh Turakhia

Re: Ofbiz & TrixBox (was Re: Ubuntu Live CD with Ofbiz)

Posted by Jonathon -- Improov <jo...@improov.com>.
Ean,

Same! Work together? Email me privately if you want, so we don't clog mailing list with personal
messages.

Jonathon

Posted by Chris Howe <cj...@yahoo.com>.
Ean,

For fax work are you taking advantage of just sending
email with the fax attachment to the fax solution
available with asterisk or are you doing something
else?

,Chris

Posted by Ean Schuessler <ea...@brainfood.com>.

Posted by Chris Howe <cj...@yahoo.com>.
I find simple-method easier not so much for coding
convenience (which is definitely a plus) but for the
ability to quickly make corrections if a value isn't
being returned correctly, especially when tossing
things into a black box of sorts.

simple-method would be equally as "easy" if we could
just figure out why the
org.ofbiz.base.util.ObjectType.loadClass will only
return the cached classes as being valid.

The non cached methods work when using call-bsh, but
not when using call-*-method.  Both operations return
the same value for methodContext.getLoader() which is
WebappClassLoader.  But, beanshell does something with
the loader itself while call-*-method searches the
loader itself for the class.

If this gets figured out it will be so much easier to
incorporate mondrian, asterisk, and to straighten out
the cart/order helper.

Any tips on how to debug this further would be greatly
appreciated.

,Chris

Posted by "David E. Jones" <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Posted by Jonathon -- Improov <jo...@improov.com>.
Chris,

Posted by Chris Howe <cj...@yahoo.com>.
This may be helpful as well:

Posted by Chris Howe <cj...@yahoo.com>.
There are communication events to certainly deal with
the information, however there isn't any automation in
the community project for this at the moment.

Posted by Jonathon -- Improov <jo...@improov.com>.
Chris,