Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Emerson Cargnin <em...@tre-sc.gov.br> on 2003/06/05 19:28:08 UTC

problem with updating an web app through manager app (linux work, win no)

I'm having a strange problem, in linux, if I upload a war through
manager app, remove it , and upload again, it works fine, but in windows
me, with the same tomcat version (4.1.26), it uploads ok, remove ok, but
when i try to upload the same war as before, i t says :

FAIL - War file "upLoad.war" already exists on server

I get the same error on linux if I don't remove the context before
uploading again.

Has anyone noted this behaviour on windows?

--
Emerson Cargnin
Analista de Sitemas

Re: problem with updating an web app through manager app (linux work, win no)

Posted by Jacob Kjome <ho...@visi.com>.
I have noticed this behavior sporadically.  Did you do a "remove" or an
"undeploy".  The latter is the correct one if you used "deploy".  "install"
and "remove" work together and "deploy" and "undeploy" work together.  Make
sure not to mix them up.  You may get unpredictable behavior.  This really
ought to be cleared up in the manager app.  A "remove" probably should be
allowed to happen to a context that has been "deploy"ed.

Jake