Posted to dev@perl.apache.org by Ken Williams <ke...@forum.swarthmore.edu> on 2001/03/05 23:19:56 UTC

Re: cvs commit: modperl-2.0/xs/Apache/Filter - New directory

dougm@apache.org wrote:
>dougm       01/03/04 19:53:50
>
>  modperl-2.0/xs/Apache/Filter - New directory

Does this conflict at all with the existing Apache::Filter namespace?  I
realize that in modperl-2.0 there won't be much need for the existing
module, but duplicate names could cause confusion.

  -------------------                            -------------------
  Ken Williams                             Last Bastion of Euclidity
  ken@forum.swarthmore.edu                            The Math Forum

Re: cvs commit: modperl-2.0/xs/Apache/Filter - New directory

Posted by Doug MacEachern <do...@covalent.net>.
On Mon, 5 Mar 2001, Ken Williams wrote:

> dougm@apache.org wrote:
> >dougm       01/03/04 19:53:50
> >
> >  modperl-2.0/xs/Apache/Filter - New directory
>
> Does this conflict at all with the existing Apache::Filter namespace?  I
> realize that in modperl-2.0 there won't be much need for the existing
> module, but duplicate names could cause confusion.

to avoid any conflict you'll need to suggest a better name or rename your
module :)  had we thought about it more back then, i would have suggested
yours be named Apache::PerlFilter, since it is only able to filter Perl
output.
i'm trying to keep all the Perl names the same as their Apache C structure
counterparts, ap_filter_t -> Apache::Filter