Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by "Beau E. Cox" <be...@beaucox.com> on 2002/12/02 13:21:41 UTC

Install problem...

Hi -

I am trying to upgrade my test server (SuSE 8.1) to Apache/
mod_perl 2. I installed and tested Apache 2 - all OK.

I have perl 5.8.0 (pre-build by SuSE); It passed the tests
in the mpd_perl 2 prequsites section.

I get this problem on make test (both with Apache mpm
configured as prefork AND worker):

apache/subprocess....1..4
# testing : passing ARGV
# expected: [
#           'foo',
#           'bar'
#         ]
# received: []
not ok 1
# testing : passing env via subprocess_env
# expected: 'my cool proc'
# received: ''
not ok 2
# testing : testing subproc's stdin -> stdout + list context
# expected: 'my cool proc
# '
# received: ''
not ok 3
# testing : testing subproc's stdin -> stderr + list context
# expected: 'my stderr
# '
# received: ''
not ok 4
FAILED tests 1-4
	Failed 4/4 tests, 0.00% okay
Failed Test         Stat Wstat Total Fail  Failed  List of Failed
---
apache/subprocess.t                4    4 100.00%  1-4

I haven't got a clue. This is my sixth reRTFM/reinstall/retest.
Could someone give me a push as to what to try next?

Aloha => Beau.

RE: Install problem...

Posted by "Beau E. Cox" <be...@beaucox.com>.
Thanks Stas -

Please give me about an hour...I am in the middle of
putting everthing back together again :)

Will report back to you (following the standards) then.

Aloha => Beau.

> I am trying to upgrade my test server (SuSE 8.1) to Apache/
> mod_perl 2. I installed and tested Apache 2 - all OK.

Beau, when reporting problems, please follow the guidelines linked from
the perl.apache.org's shortcuts menu:
http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/help/help.html#Reporting_Problems

> I have perl 5.8.0 (pre-build by SuSE); It passed the tests
> in the mpd_perl 2 prequsites section.
>
> I get this problem on make test (both with Apache mpm
> configured as prefork AND worker):
>
> apache/subprocess....1..4
> # testing : passing ARGV
> # expected: [
> #           'foo',
> #           'bar'
> #         ]
> # received: []
> not ok 1
> # testing : passing env via subprocess_env
> # expected: 'my cool proc'
> # received: ''
> not ok 2
> # testing : testing subproc's stdin -> stdout + list context
> # expected: 'my cool proc
> # '
> # received: ''
> not ok 3
> # testing : testing subproc's stdin -> stderr + list context
> # expected: 'my stderr
> # '
> # received: ''
> not ok 4
> FAILED tests 1-4
> 	Failed 4/4 tests, 0.00% okay
> Failed Test         Stat Wstat Total Fail  Failed  List of Failed
> ---
> apache/subprocess.t                4    4 100.00%  1-4
>
> I haven't got a clue. This is my sixth reRTFM/reinstall/retest.
> Could someone give me a push as to what to try next?

I forgot to add to the guidelines to check t/logs/error_log, will add it
now.

So what does your error_log say? Most likely some perms problems with
t/htdocs/util, right?

Re: Install problem...

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.