Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Dunkle, Ed" <Ed...@ameriserve.com> on 2000/05/08 23:51:58 UTC

NT service for Tomcat appears to break FrontPage Extensions

Gal,
	This has happened twice now.  The web site uses Front Page
extensions - not my choice but no one asked me.  I installed Tomcat and tied
it in with IIS.  Servlets run fine but now the extensions are broken.
Something related to Author.dll.  I think they are using a "theme" for their
web pages.  Now the color scheme is such that you can't read the content.
	Any ideas?

Thanks,
Ed

Re: NT service for Tomcat appears to break FrontPage Extensions

Posted by Gal Shachor <sh...@il.ibm.com>.
Ed,

>         This has happened twice now.  The web site uses Front Page
> extensions - not my choice but no one asked me.  I installed Tomcat and tied
> it in with IIS.  Servlets run fine but now the extensions are broken.
> Something related to Author.dll.  I think they are using a "theme" for their
> web pages.  Now the color scheme is such that you can't read the content.
>         Any ideas?

Can you tell me what is exactly is this "Something related to
Author.dll"?

Also, are you sure that it has anything to do with the NT service for
Tomcat? This
has *nothing* to do with IIS!!!

The redirector has an IIS filter + extension in it (just like the Front
Page
extensions) but these should not conflict with the Front Page extensions
because
they operate on different URLs ...).

	Gal Shachor