Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by jean-frederic clere <jf...@gmail.com> on 2017/04/30 09:10:59 UTC

try to release taglibs-standard-1.2.6

Hi,

I will try to tag and propose taglibs-standard-1.2.6 for release
tomorrow, any comments?

Cheers

Jean-Frederic

Re: try to release taglibs-standard-1.2.6

Posted by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com>.

>> > Since this didn't happen, I plan to add a pre_126_bz60950 tag instead.
>> > Would that be acceptable ?
>>
>> I'd prefer more explicit "1.2.6" in the name.
>>
>> Maybe just name it a "release candidate", e.g.:
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/taglibs/standard/tag
>> s/taglibs-standard-1.2.6-RC1/
>>
>> Ok, I will probably do that. I could attempt to make the real 1.2.6
> release, but the RELEASING.txt looks incomplete (pom.xml would presumably
> need to be updated, CHANGES.txt as well), and I would have trouble making
> the binaries available and signing them. I would of course feel a lot more
> optimistic if I was at ApacheCon with a lot of "support" people around :)

From commits history,
I think that the pom files are updated automatically by maven-release-plugin.
That is "mvn release:prepare" step in RELEASING.txt.
http://maven.apache.org/maven-release/maven-release-plugin/

CHANGES.txt - yes, it has to be updated, or at least reviewed that all
changes are listed there.
https://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1665588

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko

Re: try to release taglibs-standard-1.2.6

Posted by Rémy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.

> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I will try to tag and propose taglibs-standard-1.2.6 for release
> >> tomorrow, any comments?
> >>

> > Since this didn't happen, I plan to add a pre_126_bz60950 tag instead.
> > Would that be acceptable ?
>
> I'd prefer more explicit "1.2.6" in the name.
>
> Maybe just name it a "release candidate", e.g.:
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/taglibs/standard/tag
> s/taglibs-standard-1.2.6-RC1/
>
> Ok, I will probably do that. I could attempt to make the real 1.2.6
release, but the RELEASING.txt looks incomplete (pom.xml would presumably
need to be updated, CHANGES.txt as well), and I would have trouble making
the binaries available and signing them. I would of course feel a lot more
optimistic if I was at ApacheCon with a lot of "support" people around :)

Rémy

Re: try to release taglibs-standard-1.2.6

Posted by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rémy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.