Posted to commits@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2012/04/20 18:16:43 UTC

[Xmlgraphics Wiki] Update of "StatusReports/StatusReportForMay2012" by ChrisBowditch

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Xmlgraphics Wiki" for change notification.

The "StatusReports/StatusReportForMay2012" page has been changed by ChrisBowditch:
http://wiki.apache.org/xmlgraphics/StatusReports/StatusReportForMay2012

New page:
h1. General

I've organized some changes to the PMC Membership to remove 2 emeritus members and invited 2 new more active members. A new source code component has also been submitted to the XML Graphic umbrella too: pdf-plugin, which was kindly granted to Apache by Jeremias Maerki. This will make it easier for committers to maintain. Previously committers had been sending patches around between themselves and this was becoming unmanagable.

h1. Brand Compliance

The contents of the FOP, Commons and TLP site have been reviewed and adjusted to meet brand compliance. The FOP site has been republished, but the Batik site is yet to be reviewed. Commons and the TLP site have been updated in the source, but are awaiting re-publishing.

h1. Moving to CMS based websites

We have started the process of figuring out how we can move to markdown and use a CMS based publishing approach instead of the painful forrest based approach we are currently using. Clay has made excellent progress on prototying the new approach, but we have a lot of work still to do to get fully switched over to a CMS based website.

h1. FOP

One new very active committer: Glenn Adams. Since becoming a committer Glenn has processed a lot of patches that have been sitting around for a long time and cleaned up a lot of the bugs in preparation for doing a 1.1 release. There have been bug fixes and enhancements submitted by existing committers too, the most significant are; Arabic Support and Compressed Objects Streams for PDF. There have also been a few technical discussions on the developer lists and a many questions asked and answered on the user list.

h1. Batik

There doesn't appear to be any active committers on this sub project at the moment. No commits were made and there has been no activity on the developer list. However, there were a few questions raised by users on the user list.

h1. Commons

A few commits this quarter, which includes some bugs fixed plus the changes needed by Brand Compliance.