Posted to dev@synapse.apache.org by Denis <in...@denisgottardello.it> on 2014/07/06 22:50:01 UTC

Synaser and /dev/ttyACM

Hi everybody

Up till now we always worked with FTDI and Prolific cables and the data that's
been sent by our device can be received correctly.
Now we started using a new FPGA that has an Exar USB serial convertor on
board.
http://www.exar.com/connectivity/uart-and-bridging-solutions/usb-
uarts/xr21v1410
It is recognized on Linux as a ttyACM* device and the data is for some reason
corrupted, bytes are missing and/or transformed. It however receives  data but
it does not correspond to what has been sent.

Have you never use this chip?
Have you got experience with ttyACM interface?

www.denisgottardello.it
Skype: mrdebug
Videosurveillance and home automation!
http://www.denisgottardello.it/DomusBoss/DomusBoss.php

Re: Synaser and /dev/ttyACM

Posted by Charith Wickramarachchi <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi Denis,

I think you are in the wrong mailing list. Are you using Apache Synapse? If
not, this is not the mailing list you are looking for. This is the mailing
list for Apache Synapse <http://synapse.apache.org/>development
discussions. If you are using Apache Synapse can you please give more
context? Ex: Which Synapse transport you are using.

Thanks,
Charith

On Sun, Jul 6, 2014 at 4:50 PM, Denis <in...@denisgottardello.it> wrote:

> Hi everybody
>
> Up till now we always worked with FTDI and Prolific cables and the data
> that's
> been sent by our device can be received correctly.
> Now we started using a new FPGA that has an Exar USB serial convertor on
> board.
> http://www.exar.com/connectivity/uart-and-bridging-solutions/usb-
> uarts/xr21v1410
> It is recognized on Linux as a ttyACM* device and the data is for some
> reason
> corrupted, bytes are missing and/or transformed. It however receives  data
> but
> it does not correspond to what has been sent.
>
> Have you never use this chip?
> Have you got experience with ttyACM interface?
>

> www.denisgottardello.it
> Skype: mrdebug
> Videosurveillance and home automation!
> http://www.denisgottardello.it/DomusBoss/DomusBoss.php

Charith Dhanushka Wickramaarachchi

Tel  +1 213 447 4253
Web  http://apache.org/~charith <http://www-scf.usc.edu/~cwickram/>
<http://charith.wickramaarachchi.org/>
Blog  http://charith.wickramaarachchi.org/
<http://charithwiki.blogspot.com/>
Twitter  @charithwiki <https://twitter.com/charithwiki>

This communication may contain privileged or other confidential information
and is intended exclusively for the addressee/s. If you are not the
intended recipient/s, or believe that you may have
received this communication in error, please reply to the sender indicating
that fact and delete the copy you received and in addition, you should not
print, copy, retransmit, disseminate, or otherwise use the information
contained in this communication. Internet communications cannot be
guaranteed to be timely, secure, error or virus-free. The sender does not
accept liability for any errors or omissions