Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Stuart McCulloch <mc...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/01 08:42:45 UTC

Re: [Vote] Release Felix File Install 0.9.2

2009/3/31 Clement Escoffier <cl...@gmail.com>

> Hi all,
>
> I just cut a release of the Felix File Install 0.9.2. This useful bundle
> was only released once and several improvements were made since this
> release:
> ** Bug
>    * [FELIX-895] - File Install treats configuration files with identical
> subnames as the same configuration
>    * [FELIX-926] - FileInstall does not read all values from Configuration
> properties
>    * [FELIX-937] - FileInstall can't handle autostart bundles that are part
> of watched directory
>    * [FELIX-938] - FileInstall starts a stopped bundles even if it is
> stopped transiently by user
>
> ** Improvement
>    * [FELIX-920] - Add option to only install or "install and start" newly
> discovered bundles
>    * [FELIX-939] - Optimize File Install
>    * [FELIX-942] - Fileinstall unit tests
>    * [FELIX-983] - Allow property substitution in config file
>    * [FELIX-998] - Metatype definition for FileInstall
>

> Only [Felix-922] was not fixed, but it's a more long-term issue.
>

> The source and binary release archives, signature files, SHA and MD5
> message digests for each are available as zip and tar.gz here:
>

> http://people.apache.org/~clement/releases/org/apache/felix/org.apache.felix.fileinstall/0.9.2/<http://people.apache.org/%7Eclement/releases/org/apache/felix/org.apache.felix.fileinstall/0.9.2/>
>
> Please vote to approve these release archives:
>
> [ ] +1 Yes, release it now
> [ ] -1 No, don't release now (please provide specific comments)

+1  ... btw, for the next release we should use the 1.0.4 Felix parent pom
to get the source & javadoc jars

--
Cheers, Stuart

Re: [Vote] Release Felix File Install 0.9.2

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.
On 4/1/09 3:29 AM, Stuart McCulloch wrote:
> 2009/4/1 Clement Escoffier<cl...@gmail.com>
>

>> On 01.04.2009, at 08:42, Stuart McCulloch wrote:
>>
>>   2009/3/31 Clement Escoffier<cl...@gmail.com>
>>
>>>   Hi all,

>>> +1  ... btw, for the next release we should use the 1.0.4 Felix parent pom
>>> to get the source&  javadoc jars
>>>

>> I agree, but it seems that the parent pom tag was not created in the
>> release "branch", so the release process was not completed. Not sure if we
>> can use it ?
>>

> it's already under releases:
>
>     http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/felix/releases/felix-1.0.4/
>
> and has been uploaded to the Maven central repository

Perhaps that is part of the confusion, we are using two different names
for it:

     felix and parent-pom

Seems parent-pom makes more sense.

-> richard

Posted by Clement Escoffier <cl...@gmail.com>.
On 01.04.2009, at 09:29, Stuart McCulloch wrote:

> 2009/4/1 Clement Escoffier <cl...@gmail.com>
>

>> On 01.04.2009, at 08:42, Stuart McCulloch wrote:
>>
>> 2009/3/31 Clement Escoffier <cl...@gmail.com>
>>>
>>> Hi all,

>>> +1  ... btw, for the next release we should use the 1.0.4 Felix
>>> parent pom
>>> to get the source & javadoc jars
>>>

>> I agree, but it seems that the parent pom tag was not created in the
>> release "branch", so the release process was not completed. Not
>> sure if we
>> can use it ?
>

> it's already under releases:
>
>   http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/felix/releases/felix-1.0.4/
>
> and has been uploaded to the Maven central repository

Oups, you're right,

I was looking for 'parent-pom-1.0.4.'

Ok, so, I'm going to use it.

Regards,

Clement

Posted by Stuart McCulloch <mc...@gmail.com>.

--
Cheers, Stuart

Re: [Vote] Release Felix File Install 0.9.2

Posted by Clement Escoffier <cl...@gmail.com>.