Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by "Halvorson, Loren" <Lo...@firepond.com> on 2002/04/26 22:28:27 UTC

RE: [standard] fmtNumber tag exception when no session

Shawn,

The <fmt:formatNumber> tag also seems to be throwing an exception in a page
that has no session I just tested this with the nightly build from April 25
on Tomcat 4.0.2.  I think it's similar to the query tag issue you fixed
yesterday. However, perhaps I'm missing something, do the fmt tags require a
session?

Here is the essence of the page:
------------------------------
<%@ page language="java" contentType="text/html;charset=UTF-8"
session="false" %>
<%@ taglib prefix="fmt" uri="http://java.sun.com/jstl/fmt" %>
:
<fmt:formatNumber type="currency" value="${row.Price}"/>

------------------------------

And here is the stack trace from Tomcat's log:

2002-04-26 15:11:39 StandardWrapperValve[jsp]: Servlet.service() for servlet
jsp threw exception
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: can't access SESSION_SCOPE without an
HttpSession
	at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.setAttribute(PageContextImpl.java:
245)
	at
org.apache.taglibs.standard.tag.common.fmt.SetLocaleSupport.setResponseLocal
e(SetLocaleSupport.java:237)
	at
org.apache.taglibs.standard.tag.common.fmt.SetLocaleSupport.getFormattingLoc
ale(SetLocaleSupport.java:312)
	at
org.apache.taglibs.standard.tag.common.fmt.FormatNumberSupport.doEndTag(Form
atNumberSupport.java:191)
	at org.apache.jsp.browsepr$jsp._jspService(browsepr$jsp.java:801)
	at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:107)
	: