Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by gioppo <gi...@csi.it> on 2006/05/11 09:13:55 UTC

to printer component

Anyone has experience of a component able to send the output to a printer?
Is there something that I can use or I'll have to develop something new?
In the case could it be usefull?
Luca
Sent from the ServiceMix - User forum at Nabble.com.

Re: to printer component

Posted by gioppo <gi...@csi.it>.
The idea is to use the JPS Java printerservice to create a component that
receive inputstreams is configured with the printer device to use and send
to printer all it receive.
It should be fairly easy.
We are using jasper reports and the option could also to create a more
elaborate component that is configued with the template to use and print or
produce templates and places on the file system or send it to printer.

Re: to printer component

Posted by Adrian Co <ac...@exist.com>.
Sounds interesting. How is it suppose to work? Is it going to route a
document file and print it using the printer driver? or are you gonna
communicate directly to the printer and send it print data?

I think it could be useful in the sense that you could expose the
printer as a resource in the jbi environment. i.e. you could lets say
accept a client request through http, and orchestrate a couple of
components together to add the request to the db, mail the client for
followup, and maybe automatically print a contract or something like
that. I don't know just playing with the idea. :-P

Re: to printer component

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.
On 5/11/06, gioppo <gi...@csi.it> wrote:

> Anyone has experience of a component able to send the output to a printer?
> Is there something that I can use or I'll have to develop something new?
> In the case could it be usefull?

Luca,

I haven't seen anyone developing a component like this yet. I'm not
completely on what you're describing so let me ask a couple of
questions. I assume that any binding component (BC) for this purpose
would connect to a print server. Don't print servers only handle
PostScript or something similar? Are you really going to the trouble
of converting XML into PostScript?

Bruce
);'

Apache ActiveMQ - http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/