Posted to general@xml.apache.org by Krassimir Dimov <kr...@yahoo.com> on 2000/07/09 09:34:56 UTC

Xerces-J download

Hi,

I am new to XML parsing and am reding the Java & XML
O'reilly book. I downloaded the Xerces-J bin and src
1.1.2.zip builds but all the files are empty. Any
suggestions? I downloaded the latest tools and there
is Xerces1.2.2.jar file in there. Is that what I need?
Also when I was trying to instantiate the parser
XMLReader parser = new SAXParser(); I got an error
message that casting is required??? I checked the docs
and SAXParser implements the XMLReader interface. Any
suggestions about this error? Any help will be
appreciated.

Krassimir

http://mail.yahoo.com/