Posted to user@struts.apache.org by atta ur-rehman <at...@kapsconsulting.com> on 2002/10/17 19:20:24 UTC

Session Cleanup

When does struts framework remove ActionFrom objects from the session, if at all. I'm worried if I'd be making my session object too large. Moreover, what are the best practices for storing <html:select> collections in the session? How and when to remove these collections from the session?

Regards,

ATTA

Re: Session Cleanup

Posted by Eddie Bush <ek...@swbell.net>.
After doing a quick check through the source ...
     find . -name "*.java" | xargs grep "removeAttribute"

It would appear there are a few places that the method gets called.  A
cursory examination of each suggests they are all to remove things which
were temporarily placed there and shouldn't be left.  In other words, I
don't believe Struts ever removes you form bean.

--
Eddie Bush