Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com> on 2007/05/08 14:37:42 UTC

[OT] Re: pagination problem pls rectify this error its very urgent for me

--- jalal udeen <ja...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have to use pagination in jsp  so i did it with
> logic:iterate  tag as follows

One reason you may not be getting an answer is that
this has nothing to do with Struts.

> <%
>   String strOffset ="0";
>     if(request.getParameter("pagination")!=null)
>      strOffset=request.getParameter("pagination");
>      else
>     strOffset ="0";
>     String strLength = "2";
>     int increment = Integer.parseInt(strOffset) +
> Integer.parseInt(strLength)
> ;
>     String strIncOffset = String.valueOf(increment);
>       ArrayList list
> =(ArrayList)request.getAttribute("pattern");
>  int size= list.size();
>
>     if((Integer.parseInt(strIncOffset)>= size))
>      strIncOffset ="0";
>
> %>

(The following is my opinion and probably does not
reflect the views of the rest of the Struts mailing
list.)

I started to look at the code, but it was too weird
for me--it would not have survived even the most
cursory of code reviews. That made me even less likely
to want to answer the question.

What I would suggest doing (besides cleaning up the
code) is, on paper, write down a few test cases,
focusing on the edge case which is giving you problems
at the moment.

Build a truth table using your values and the logical
conditions you have and see why they might be failing.
If I don't have anything else to do at work today
perhaps I'll suck it up and take another look at it
and you can buy me a Kingfisher.

d.