Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Francesco Maria Magnini <fm...@gmail.com> on 2013/12/19 19:03:57 UTC

[Advanced Zone] Isolated Source NAT issue (NAT not working)

Hi guys,

I cannot ping internet from VMs.
Pinging from Virtual Router is ok.

In addition, SSVM are reachable from outside (storage/proxy ssvm) through
addresses configured in public network range, Virtual router is not
reachable (but can ping internet).

Any idea?

--
“I videogiochi non influenzano i bambini.
Voglio dire, se pac-man avesse influenzato la nostra generazione,

(Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989)

Re: [Advanced Zone] Isolated Source NAT issue (NAT not working)

Posted by Francesco Maria Magnini <fm...@gmail.com>.
Geoff,
since my VM has only one NIC in the 10.1.1.0/24 subnet, in order to try the
Static NAT feature to I need to acquire a new secondary IP for that NIC?

Posted by Geoff Higginbottom <ge...@shapeblue.com>.

geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com<ma...@shapeblue.com><mailto:geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com

On 19 Dec 2013, at 18:04, "Francesco Maria Magnini" <fm...@gmail.com>
<ma...@gmail.com>
<ma...@gmail.com>> wrote:

Hi guys,

I cannot ping internet from VMs.
Pinging from Virtual Router is ok.

In addition, SSVM are reachable from outside (storage/proxy ssvm) through
addresses configured in public network range, Virtual router is not
reachable (but can ping internet).

Any idea?

--
"I videogiochi non influenzano i bambini.
Voglio dire, se pac-man avesse influenzato la nostra generazione,
staremmo tutti saltando in sale scure,
masticando pillole magiche e ascoltando musica elettronica
ripetitiva..."

(Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989)
solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views
or
represent those of Shape Blue Ltd or related companies. If you are not
the
intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based
upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the
sender
if you believe you have received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a
[...]

company incorporated in England & Wales. ShapeBlue Services India LLP is a
company incorporated in India and is operated under license from Shape Blue
Ltd. Shape Blue Brasil Consultoria Ltda is a company incorporated in Brasil
and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue is a
registered trademark.

--
"I videogiochi non influenzano i bambini.
Voglio dire, se pac-man avesse influenzato la nostra generazione,
staremmo tutti saltando in sale scure,
masticando pillole magiche e ascoltando musica elettronica
ripetitiva..."

(Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989)
This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Shape Blue Ltd or related companies. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe you have received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a company incorporated in England & Wales. ShapeBlue Services India LLP is a company incorporated in India and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. Shape Blue Brasil Consultoria Ltda is a company incorporated in Brasil and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.

Re: [Advanced Zone] Isolated Source NAT issue (NAT not working)

Posted by Francesco Maria Magnini <fm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Geoff Higginbottom <ge...@shapeblue.com>.
The VR is configured to not respond to pings, probably a anti DDOS measure.

If you restart the VR it will respond to pings whilst it is booting, but then the security policies kick in and the responses stop.

Regards

Geoff Higginbottom
CTO / Cloud Architect

D: +44 20 3603 0542<tel:+442036030542> | S: +44 20 3603 0540<tel:+442036030540> | M: +447968161581<tel:+447968161581>

geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com<ma...@shapeblue.com> | www.shapeblue.com<htp://www.shapeblue.com/>

ShapeBlue Ltd, 53 Chandos Place, Covent Garden, London, WC2N 4HS<x-apple-data-detectors://37>

Posted by Francesco Maria Magnini <fm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrei Mikhailovsky <an...@arhont.com>.

Francesco,

Posted by Francesco Maria Magnini <fm...@gmail.com>.