Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Niki Dokovski <ni...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/14 12:47:54 UTC

Fwd: websocket client doesn't exit

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Niki Dokovski <ni...@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, May 14, 2013 at 1:40 PM
Subject: websocket client doesn't exit
To: dev@tomcat.apache.org

Hello,
here is a small example based on JSR 356 defined APIs and implementation in
tomcat 8 resulting in non exiting websocket client request. There is
nothing special on both endpoints: On @ServerEndpoint there is simple
OnMessage processing and on client side there is PongMessage handler. The
client opens connection and sends ping message looking for the pong return.
After executing 3,4 times the client (it is standalone client) hangs in
constant executing of WsWebSocketContainer.processResponse ..

where the buffer from which is read contains the same message of "The
client frame set the reserved bits to [4] which was not supported by this
endpoint"

This happens on connectToServer call.

Here I attach the war and client code which reproduce the problem. The JDK
is Orcl JDK1.7_21.

Could you please take a look at it and comment the observed behavior?
Best regards
Nikolai

PS. I'm still digging into the implementation...