Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Christoffer Soop <ch...@gmail.com> on 2013/12/22 21:12:31 UTC

Using ActiveMQ Websockets on Servicemix - Transport scheme NOT recognized: [ws]

Hi,

I would like to use websockets with ActiveMQ running in Servicemix. However, enabling the websockets transport as per the page

http://activemq.apache.org/websockets.html

… prevents the broker bundle to start with the following exception cause(s) in the logs:

Caused by: java.io.IOException: Transport scheme NOT recognized: [ws]
	at org.apache.activemq.util.IOExceptionSupport.create(IOExceptionSupport.java:27)
	at org.apache.activemq.transport.TransportFactory.findTransportFactory(TransportFactory.java:196)
	at org.apache.activemq.transport.TransportFactory.bind(TransportFactory.java:116)
	at org.apache.activemq.broker.TransportConnector.createTransportServer(TransportConnector.java:310)
	at org.apache.activemq.broker.TransportConnector.getServer(TransportConnector.java:136)
	at org.apache.activemq.broker.TransportConnector.asManagedConnector(TransportConnector.java:105)
	at org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerService.registerConnectorMBean(BrokerService.java:1972)
	... 40 more
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Service not found: 'META-INF/services/org/apache/activemq/transport/ws'
	at org.apache.activemq.util.osgi.Activator.create(Activator.java:176)
	at org.apache.activemq.util.FactoryFinder.newInstance(FactoryFinder.java:146)
	at org.apache.activemq.transport.TransportFactory.findTransportFactory(TransportFactory.java:193)

Using Servicemix 4.5.3 with ActiveMQ 5.7.0

Does anybody know how to use websockets in Servicemix or has an idea what causes the exception?

Best regards,

Chris

Re: Using ActiveMQ Websockets on Servicemix - Transport scheme NOT recognized: [ws]

Posted by Christoffer Soop <ch...@gmail.com>.
Turns out you need the activemq-optional jar, the following command resolves the issue in Servicemix:

bundle:install mvn:org.apache.activemq/activemq-optional/5.7.0

Note: For ActiveMQ 5.8.0 and later it looks as if support for websockets have moved from activemq-optional to activemq-http, so whenever Servicemix switches to a new version of Activemq the activemq-http has to be installed instead.

Cheers,

Chris