Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by Avik Sengupta <av...@apache.org> on 2003/04/02 05:05:51 UTC

Fwd: Re: cvs commit: jakarta-poi/src/documentation/resouces/images

Great work Glen, thanks.

About these images, i think we should delete them from CVS, and access them
from attic if required. This will reduce the bandwith/time for a cvs checkout
by orders of magnitude.

Slightly sacrilegeous to suggest, i know, but make sense practically?
Objections?

Regards
-
avik

Re: cvs commit: jakarta-poi/src/documentation/resouces/images

Posted by Avik Sengupta <av...@apache.org>.
I meant the images for the logo contest. we dont have all the submissions on
the site, do we?

Posted by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org>.
He's talking about the old contest logos.

Posted by Glen Stampoultzis <gs...@iinet.net.au>.
How can you build the site if they're not checked in?  BTW the repository
should be _much_ smaller than it was anyway because the images are pretty
much the only binaries still in CVS.  Even the jars are now fetched from
the maven repository.

Regards,

Glen

At 03:20 AM 24/04/2003, you wrote:
>Yeah, my idea is to reduce the checkout time significantly, whatever works.
>
>Quoting "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org>:
>
> > I was thinking we should move them to a different module... Maybe
> > committers.
> >
> > On 4/23/03 1:05 PM, "Avik Sengupta" <av...@apache.org> wrote:
> >

> > > Great work Glen, thanks.
> > >
> > > About these images, i think we should delete them from CVS, and access
> > them
> > > from attic if required. This will reduce the bandwith/time for a cvs
> > checkout
> > > by orders of magnitude.
> > >
> > > Slightly sacrilegeous to suggest, i know, but make sense practically?
> > > Objections?
> > >
> > > Regards
> > > -
> > > avik

Glen Stampoultzis
gstamp@iinet.net.au

Re: cvs commit: jakarta-poi/src/documentation/resouces/images

Posted by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org>.
On 4/23/03 1:20 PM, "Avik Sengupta" <av...@apache.org> wrote:
Move to San Francisco (or is it in Colorado now?) and get a Cable modem?
;-)

Posted by Avik Sengupta <av...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org>.