Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by 申远 <sh...@gmail.com> on 2019/11/05 03:33:14 UTC

[DISCUSS] Host Dynamic Content on Apache Sever?

Hi, there

During solving brand issue for Apache Weex, I found there is a website [1]
that could violate the brand of Apache Weex. After some communication, I
learnt they use Node.JS to develop the website site.

Is there a way to migrate such dynamic content to https://weex.apache.org ?

According to my understanding, the Apache project website are only allowed
to host static content. How could we solve this problem if they create a
dynamic website with Node.JS?

[1] http://editor.weex.io/

Best Regards,
YorkShen

申远

Re: [DISCUSS] Host Dynamic Content on Apache Sever?

Posted by 申远 <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Justin

> The disclaimer text is a little odd "and are used with permission as of
> 2014.”? Is this actually correct?

There is a disclaimer template [1], and we just changed some words to fit
the situation of Weex.

There might be a bit of a Catch 22 here in that that policy also states:
> "Note that podlings in the Apache Incubator may not grant permission for
> third party requests for their podling trademarks, only VPs of top level
> projects may do so.”

Understood of that, and I just sent a formal request [2] for using weex.io
to VP, Brand management days ago.

[1] http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/domains.html#attributions
[2]
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/78122338690c154ce1637bb0509edb948724fe98b61c7632e91cfc53@%3Cprivate.weex.apache.org%3E

Best Regards,
YorkShen

申远

Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> 于2019年11月17日周日 上午8:48写道:

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by 申远 <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Bertrand Delacretaz

The website [1] is updated after negotiation with the maintainer. If
everything is fine to you, I'd like to start request a formal approval from
VP, Brand Management according to domain name policy [2].

[1] http://editor.weex.io/
[2] http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/domains.html#permission

Best Regards,
YorkShen