Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by W J <wj...@yahoo.com> on 2004/10/21 18:26:53 UTC

changing EOL during commit (via eol-style)

Hi,
I'm trying to use the eol-style property to reset all
text files to LF (some people unfortunately edit files
using notepad on Windows, and we end up with files
that have CRLF in some of the lines).
I set eol-style to "LF" on my text files. When I add
lines with CRLF to text files and commit them, I
expect CRLF's to be converted to LF's (both in the
local file and in the repository), but this is not
happening (I verified it by updating the tree in a
different directory).

So either I misunderstood the documentation, or there
is a problem in the version I'm using (1.0.6-1 on
Redhat 9).

Thanks,
Walter J.

Re: changing EOL during commit (via eol-style)

Posted by "Brian W. Fitzpatrick" <fi...@collab.net>.
On Oct 21, 2004, at 1:26 PM, W J wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm trying to use the eol-style property to reset all
> text files to LF (some people unfortunately edit files
> using notepad on Windows, and we end up with files
> that have CRLF in some of the lines).
> I set eol-style to "LF" on my text files. When I add
> lines with CRLF to text files and commit them, I
> expect CRLF's to be converted to LF's (both in the
> local file and in the repository), but this is not
> happening (I verified it by updating the tree in a
> different directory).
>
> So either I misunderstood the documentation, or there
> is a problem in the version I'm using (1.0.6-1 on
> Redhat 9).

You need to set the svn:eol-style property on these files to "native"

<plug>

Check out my "Top Ten Subversion Tips for CVS Users" article, tip #5:

http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2004/08/19/subversiontips.html

</plug>

-Fitz