Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Nirupama Mallavarupu <ni...@yahoo.com> on 2009/03/26 22:29:31 UTC

Strange bug : security constraints on web pages disappear and come back

Hi,

  We have a production deployment of JetSpeed Portal where we have the security constraints setup in such a way that each user sees the home page assigned to his/her role, when they login to the portal. However, under some unknown circumstances ( the client is unable to pinpoint), the security constraints disappear and everyone is able to see all the home pages. After about half an hour, the security constraints again  kick back in  mysteriously ( in the meantime, the client panics and stops and restarts the portal, the db servers and everything several times with no effect.

 Any clues or suggestions as to what could be causing the issue ?

Appreciate any help you can provide!

Thanks!

Re: J2-admin not compiling in 2.1.3 post-release

Posted by Vivek Kumar <fi...@gmail.com>.
Jetspeed 2.1.3 -post release compilation error are fixed.

Vivek

Posted by Vivek Kumar <fi...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Re: Strange bug : security constraints on web pages disappear and come back

Posted by Randy Watler <wa...@wispertel.net>.
Ram,

Can you enter a JIRA issue for this problem? That way we can track this
issue more formally. I believe it is a recurring issue for the DBPM
under higher load.

We were extending the DBPM to add distributed caching and I noticed that
there were occasional issues with folders and pages being accessed
concurrently not being infused correctly because they were not added to
the OJB cache. I have changed the infusion logic to ensure it is done
before the instances are handed back to OJB. The effects caused by this
bug were no doubt random, but it could explain why security is
occasionally being lost.

We can no doubt work on some diagnostics to help you address this issue.
No doubt, we could strengthen security so that it did the right thing
when folders and pages are not managed correctly: deny access.

Randy

Posted by "ram.sachin2000" <ra...@gmail.com>.
Randy,

Posted by Randy Watler <wa...@wispertel.net>.