Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Allen Akers <Ak...@cc.admin.unt.edu> on 2000/09/15 16:34:27 UTC

Custom server-wide properties

I was looking through the server.xml to try to find a way to put in a custom property that would be visible to all web applications within a Tomcat server, but I can't seem to find it.  We have a development web server and several production web servers and I need to be able to move my code from one to the other without changes, but have a mechanism whereby the web server in which they are running can tell them whether they are development or production, so that they will point to the appropriate back-end systems (which also have development and production systems).  Thanks.

               Allen Akers
               Programmer Analyst
               Strategic Web and Voice Development
               akers@cc.admin.unt.edu