Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Leon Widdershoven <qa...@dds.nl> on 2004/05/10 09:48:39 UTC

Re: Business Objects vs Data Objects [was Re: JXTemplates-what' s in a name?]

I know. And I also know that such a feat is not easy at all, which is at
least partially caused by the infamous jar hell. You'd have thought that
Solaris/unix people would not make the windows mistake. Alas.

I have never really understood what's special about endorsed (it overrides
the default class path?) but that application-global (with the servlet
container the application) jars require a restart is of course to be taken
for granted. It's just that I'd like to see web-application specific libraries
(the ones I use for the applications running "in" cocoon running in the
servlet container) could be reloaded. I think such a feature would prove
a strong impulse to flowscript based application development.

May the person responsible for not adding versioning to jars have
many itches daily,

Leon