Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Randall Hand <ra...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/29 21:43:23 UTC

Turning a Subversion Directory into a Repository?

I have a subversion repository, we'll call "experiments".. Inside that
directory I manage alot of various source code, and one piece of code in
particular has "grown up" and I want to manage it as it's own repository,
but I want to preserve what little history already exists.  So essentially,
is there any way I can turn a subdirectory within a repository into a new
repository & maintain history?

Randall Hand
Visualization Scientist
ERDC MSRC-ITL

RE: Turning a Subversion Directory into a Repository?

Posted by Jason Winnebeck <jp...@rit.edu>.
svnadmin dump, then use svnadmin filter to "include" just the directory
you need. You probably want to set its parameters to filter out empty
revisions and renumber them starting with 1. This will work well if you
haven't copied, moved, etc paths around. Then you just use svnadmin load
to make a new repository.

Jason