Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Vitaly Baranovsky <vi...@gmail.com> on 2007/12/20 23:22:25 UTC

Why jetspeed is not useful for high load internet sites (but good for intranet portals)?

Hi all!

As far as I know, main purpose of Jetspeed is to be a core of intranet
portals. But on jetspeed sites and in different forums no one says
that Jetspeed is useful for internet sites.

But I can't understand, why Jetspeed is not usefull for high load
internet (not intranet) sites?

Visual customization feature, I think, is very good for site
administration and runtime modifications. Also Jetspeed contains
clustering, LDAP support and some other useful features for internet
sites.

So, how do people think, is Jetspeed useful for high load internet
sites or not? And why?

And what problem people can meet if they using Jetspeed as kernel of
internet sites?

Thanks!
--
With best regards,