Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Mészáros Gyula <mg...@borland.hu> on 2002/03/12 08:00:00 UTC

Re: general/10125: declarations do not accept accented characters. It works in 1.3.23.

The following reply was made to PR general/10125; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?M=E9sz=E1ros?= Gyula <mg...@borland.hu>
To: "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Cc: apbugs@Apache.Org
Subject: Re: general/10125: <Directory> declarations do not accept    accented characters. It works in 1.3.23.
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 07:50:14 +0100

 Hi Bill,

 I made some tests and really, if I save httpd.conf from Notepad in UTF-8
 format and then delete the first 3 bytes (the UTF-8 header) with another
 editor, then Apache service starts and uses the directories containing
 accented characters normally. So I can live with it for now and wait for
 the next version.

 Thanks a lot for your efforts!

 Best regards:
 Gyula M�sz�ros