Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Jin Lee <J....@bom.gov.au> on 2014/03/23 01:56:47 UTC

diff_cmd gvimdiff not working in 1.6 [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Hello,

I am trying to have SVN call an external diff tool using --diff_cmd but it doesn't seem to work for gvimdiff. What I'm doing is:

accessdev:/home/548/jtl548/roses/au-aa034> svn --version
svn, version 1.6.11 (r934486)
   compiled Mar  6 2014, 10:49:10
accessdev:/home/548/jtl548/roses/au-aa034> svn diff --diff-cmd=diffwrap.py --old=bin/envfile --new=^/a/a/0/6/0/trunk/bin/envfile

The wrapper script, diffwrap.py for calling an external diff tool is a copy of what's given in "Version Control with Subversion -
For Subversion 1.7". The command seems to work with xxdiff but not with gvimdiff (or vimdiff).

Any help with sorting out this problem would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Jin LEE

Satellite Data Assimilation
Centre for Australian Weather and Climate Research
Australian Bureau of Meteorology
Tel: +61 3 9669 4279

RE: diff_cmd gvimdiff not working in 1.6 [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Posted by Jin Lee <J....@bom.gov.au>.
Hello Daniel,

As far as I could tell there wasn't any error message.

I tried your suggested commandline option, '-f' when calling gvim and it looks like it fixed the problem.

Thank you very much. Your help is much appreciated.

Regards,

Jin

Posted by Daniel Shahaf <d....@daniel.shahaf.name>.