Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Nelson Rodrigues <ne...@nelsonjrodrigues.com> on 2012/04/23 15:51:04 UTC

TAP5-1900 - Tapestry always uses application charset for request encoding, should first check content-type header

Hello Devs,

Before starting I'd like to acknowledge I did not read the the Getting
Involved section in the Community page on Tapestry's site and therefore did
not discuss with you guys a problem I was having before posting a Jira
issue.

That out of the way, and since it seems a 5.3.4 release is forming, I'd
like to get your opinion on the issue:

I'm using Tapestry as a sort of REST server, using pages to act as REST
gateways to business services.

To access those pages I'm using Spring's RestTemplate which as a default
uses ISO-8859-1 as the request encoding and properly seting the request's
content-type header.

Tapestry currently forces the request encoding to be the same as the
application charset (see
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.RequestImpl.setupEncoding), I
believe it should first check the content-type header and use that value
instead, only using application charset as a fallback.

Thanks!
Nelson Rodrigues.

Re: TAP5-1900 - Tapestry always uses application charset for request encoding, should first check content-type header

Posted by Ulrich Stärk <ul...@spielviel.de>.
+1

Fwd: TAP5-1900 - Tapestry always uses application charset for request encoding, should first check content-type header

Posted by Nelson Rodrigues <ne...@nelsonjrodrigues.com>.
Hello,

Since nobody seems to have any objections, can somebody pickup the patch
attached to the jira issue?

Best regards,
Nelson.

Begin forwarded message:

*From:* Nelson Rodrigues <ne...@nelsonjrodrigues.com>
*Date:* 25 de Abril de 2012 13:24:58 WEST
*To:* Tapestry development <de...@tapestry.apache.org>
*Subject:* *Re: TAP5-1900 - Tapestry always uses application charset for
request encoding, should first check content-type header*

I'm talking about request body encoding.

Cheers,
Nelson.

Sent from my iPhone

On 25/04/2012, at 12:59, Massimo Lusetti <ml...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 7:34 AM, Igor Drobiazko

<ig...@gmail.com> wrote:

seems to be a good idea. Any objections by others?

Are we talking about request "string" parameters or the whole request

processing? I'm not in front of the code, just wondering.

Cheers

--

Massimo

Re: TAP5-1900 - Tapestry always uses application charset for request encoding, should first check content-type header

Posted by Nelson Rodrigues <ne...@nelsonjrodrigues.com>.

Posted by Massimo Lusetti <ml...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Igor Drobiazko <ig...@gmail.com>.
Hi Nelson,