Posted to dev@metron.apache.org by Matt Foley <ma...@apache.org> on 2017/09/08 01:01:09 UTC

modified "Release Process" wiki

Hi,
You may have seen notification for a change I made in the “Release Process” wiki page.  The purpose of the change is to delay pushing the RC# tag to the public repo until AFTER one goes thru the verification steps on the release candidate.

The reason is that on this release I’ve already gone thru three RC numbers without being able to use the candidate.  In each case, between when I tagged a new version and finished verification, either I found a critical bug or someone else did.

Tags that have been pushed to public can’t (or at least shouldn’t) be re-used.  So with the new instructions we won’t push the tag until we’re sure we’ll put the corresponding RC out for vote.

If anyone objects, speak up and we’ll put it to a vote.  Otherwise we’ll assume lazy consensus.
Thanks,
--Matt