Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Jos Chrispijn <ap...@webrz.net> on 2009/10/09 18:12:43 UTC

[users@httpd] Sudden death

apache-1.3.41_1

I just ran into a strange thing. After having rebooted my server, Apache
isn't starting up again saying:

Syntax error on line 54 of /usr/local/etc/apache/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /usr/local/libexec/apache/libperl.so into server: Shared
object "libperl.so" not found, required by "libperl.so"

# find / -name mod_perl.so -print

and nothing found. How can this happen? Is there a quick way of
installing this or do I have to install Apache completely from scratch?

thanks,
Jos Chrispijn