Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by ZhiHao Zhu <zz...@gmail.com> on 2019/10/17 16:04:49 UTC

Setup development env for develop netbeans platform **itself**

I'm seeking that the way to setup  development env for develop netbeans
platform **itself**.

Could i use Eclipse or Intellij idea or netbeans IDE to import platform
source code ??

Re: Setup development env for develop netbeans platform **itself**

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@apache.org>.
NetBeans IDE is a NetBeans Platform application, git clone from the repo,
then do an ant build, open the module from the sources that you want to
work on, and when you run it from NetBeans your changed module will be run
on your cloned/built NetBeans Platform.

Gj